Our program and project methodology is driven by a strong commitment to quality. This is enabled by upfront process-driven quality assurance planning, subproject coordination and consistent communication. The overall object is to provide a common understanding of the project, to ensure clear communications, to standardize expectations, and provide a framework for managing the project on an on-going basis.
Project stakeholders are individuals and organizations who are actively involved in the project, or whose interests may be positively or negatively affected as a result of project execution or successful project completion. The project management team must identify the stakeholders, determine what their needs and expectations are, and then manage and influence those expectations to ensure a successful project.
The timely and accurate flow of information throughout the project team is critical. It is the project and program manager’s job to ensure that information is channeled to the appropriate parties. This flow must be continuous and cyclical. General advice on the management of change is provided as an integral part of our program management. This will particularly relate to any gaps between existing and planned methods of operation.
Back to Top
Full Life-Cycle Implementations
i360 has significant experience in delivering complete end-to-end Oracle
E-Business Suite solutions at an affordable cost and making it a point to establish realistic timeframes and expectations. i360 professionals drive projects based on business requirements, not solely on technology. Our implementation methodology follows the basic Oracle AIM methodology, but then tailors it specifically for the needs of each client. We are a highly flexible organization and partner with our clients to develop implementation plans that effectively meet their time and budget requirements.
In our experience, the most important factors in making a project successful include the individual consultants and the team that they and the client create together as well as continued communication throughout the lifecycle of the project. i360 provides consultants who bring information systems experience and who also understand people, business processes and the challenges of change.
Our consultants are carefully chosen based on their technical and functional skills and their ability to work effectively with project team members. Each of our professionals has extensive experience in full life-cycle implementations and upgrades of Oracle’s 11i E-Business Suite and CRM Applications. They display outstanding communication skills, vision, work ethic, and professionalism. Our reputation has been built on a firm foundation of providing quality, efficiency and integrity in our people and in our results.
The i360 professionals along with the client’s internal resources create a seamless, high performance team that recognizes what needs to be done and gets it done properly. i360’s approach to building and managing project teams is to strategically place our professionals alongside client team members to provide core leadership and Oracle Application expertise necessary to ensure a successful project.
Back to Top
Application and Database Upgrades
Our goal is to provide a migration plan that reduces our clients’ risk and minimizes cost while providing quality services that result in a smooth transition to an upgraded production environment; a well-equipped, knowledgeable staff; and a satisfied end user community.
Oracle Corporation has supplied a migration path for its current suite of products. However, multiple Oracle user groups as well as Oracle Corporation have stated that an evaluation should be conducted to determine the best path of migration - Upgrade or Re-implementation, based on the current and desired end state of applications
Whether it is an E-Business Suite upgrade or a technology upgrade, careful planning and preparation are critical to the overall project success. As part of our value added services, our professionals will perform an assessment of the current production systems and identify the most efficient and economical migration path.
We define the general requirements for the hardware already in place and any future state requirements. We determine the server and typical client configurations, physical and logical database design, hardware and network infrastructure, assist the appropriate hardware vendors in performing sizing, and confirm available infrastructure for utilization.
As part of the initial operating system analysis, we provide an assessment of the current environment’s ability to support new applications (hardware, system software, network, personnel), a recommendation of the target environment (or series of environments) and sizing for each component of the target architecture, and an identification of ‘high-risk’ customizations and strategies for mitigating the risk.
i360 performs instance management on all our implementations, adopting a standard promotion model that consists of integration test, development, training and production instances. All environments are managed using Oracle’s most recently available, supported cloning procedures.
Back to Top
Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Extensions and Workflow (RICEW)
In order for an organization to run on any ERP system, i360 understands that the Oracle Enterprise system needs to integrate with other applications and cannot be a stand-alone. In addition, organizations commonly have special unique characteristics and requirements that cannot be ignored and must be incorporated within their Oracle Enterprise System.
i360 incorporates unique business requirements into the core Oracle system by utilizing the development standards and tools provided by Oracle. This ensures that not only are the business needs of the organization are being met, but also that all extensions to the system are fully supported through the Oracle support agreements.
Our professionals are not only well versed in these standards and toolsets, but also have a full understanding of the Oracle E-Business Suite application Architecture. This allows them to extend and enhance the basic functionality provided by the applications without being invasive to integrity of the overall system.
As part of our methodology for the development of RICEW, we prepare a functional specification, a technical specification, and a testing document - all of which are included as part of the RICEW documentation. This documentation becomes critical for future planning of upgrades or additional extensions that need to be developed.
Back to Top
System Evaluations (Health Checks)
Our System Evaluations provide you with an objective, independent evaluation of your Oracle E-Business Suite environment. Our comprehensive analysis includes:
- Business benefits attainment
- User understanding and satisfaction
- Operating environment and costs
- Flexibility and scalability to meet future business needs
Our approach to System Evaluations is a combination of top-down and bottom up analyses. From a top-down perspective, we analyze:
- System alignment with management objectives
- Effectiveness of the system in meeting current and projected business needs
- User understanding and satisfaction
- Optimum path forward - maintain, upgrade, or re-implement
From a bottom up perspective, we analyze:
- System modules for strengths, weaknesses, and gaps in functionality
- Operating environment, including change management processes, instance management strategy, backup and recovery procedures, etc.
We tailor our System Evaluations to meet the unique needs of each customer. However, within the specific agreed scope of the study, we provide:
- Findings - system diagnostics, user survey results, etc.
- Recommendations - specific actions designed to improve the effectiveness of the system and/or to reduce the on-going operating costs.
Back to Top
Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Services
i360 provides a set of O&M services to support organizations who have entered into a production state with their Oracle E-Business system. i360 works with your organization to develop an Operational Framework that defines the relative roles and responsibilities of both i360 and your organization for each of these O&M processes. These understandings enable i360’s resources to act as an extension of your organization and efficiently integrate our activities with those of each of your business units. Operations Management Services
- Data center operations assistance including performing:
- Backup, restoration, archival services
- Troubleshooting and resolution of operational issues
- Database administration – backups, recovery, performance tuning
- Distribution and release of system software including Operating system updates
- Activities to support change, capacity, and configuration management
- Capacity Management - Analyze capacity requirements, maintain capacity plan, and produce capacity management reports
- Security Management
- Establish security systems and procedures operate these procedures and update them in response to changes.
Application Management Services
- Application Monitoring - monitoring application operations to identify issues that may affect performance or completion of activities
- Batch and Scheduled Job Execution - scheduling and executing processes that must run at specified times or under specified conditions, and verifying that those processes executed successfully
- Application and Infrastructure Tuning - managing capacity and the use of resources so that the operations remain within SLA-specified performance guidelines
- Software Patch Application - applying patches, family packs, and cumulative roll-ups development and production systems consistent with the Configuration Change Management process in place
- Software Support - Maintain software to be operational and vendor supported through application of patches, and upgrades to software as needed to maintain your organization’s SLA and compliance requirements
- Emergency Preventative and Corrective Maintenance - emergency action to respond to a system incident or to prevent an avoidable system incident
- Configuration Management (CM) - Identify configuration items including hardware, software, describe these items, and conduct periodic audits to validate that the inventory of configuration items matches the physical reality
Professional Support ServicesBack to Top
We understand that in today’s market, organizations have lean financial management staff. i360 combines and leverages the expertise and responsiveness of a small business with the resources, depth, and breadth of a large business and we are accustomed to bringing the right skills to very complex system migrations and ongoing production support. We staff our team with personnel who possess deep skills in federal financial management and Oracle Federal Financials. In addition, we use Government Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for design reviews, management checkpoints, quality assurance reviews, as well as assistance with technical issue resolution. Included within the i360 talent pool are individuals who have participated in FSIO requirement review and FSIO certification testing.